Pages

Friday, June 14, 2019

DMIC Maths

This week in DMIC math I have learned a lot of strategies like reading the information in a chart. I learned how to use a graph and compare the information. My strategy is I use trial and error, division, multiplication, addition and subtraction. I have a group with Chloe and Kineka.

The word problem is 
"Mr Morrison and his daughter Rose each get a bottle of QwikQure Cough Medicine from the pharmacy 

Mr Morrison's bottle has 300ml and he has to take 10ml every 3 hours.

Rose has a smaller bottle with 90ml and she has to take 5ml every 6 hours. They have to take the medicine between the hours of 7am and 7pm. 

Who will use up their medicine first?"

I answer this word problem first by answering Mr Morrison first. I take 10ml and divide it to 300ml and the answer is 30. Second I multiply the 30 into 3(hours) and the answer is 90hours

The third is answering Rose problem. I take the 5ml and divide it to 90ml and the is 18. Fourth I multiply the 18 into 6(hours) and the answer is 108 hours.

Mr Morrison - 90hours 
Rose - 108hours 

The answer is Mr Morrison is the first one will take up the medicine first.
I have another way of answering the problem it's by using a graph which I learned this week.




No comments:

Post a Comment