Pages

Thursday, April 1, 2021

My Favourite Cultural Celebration

Pintaflores Princess

 Hundreds of celebrations in the Philippines but my favourite is Pintaflores it is because my family cook good foods during the celebration day like, biko, ginataan, fried chicken, bulad, halo-halo (a dessert), buko juice, kaldereta, lechon and many more side dishes. They sometimes give us money as well between 1000 - 2000 pesos which is equivalent to $35 - $70, having that much money in the province of the Philippines will get you a lot. 



Seeing the colorful costumes that are worn by the performers always gives me joyful vibes or presence. Pintaflores festival is an annual event that is held in the beautiful city of San Carlos, in Negros Occidental. The festival is marked every 5th of November.

The festival’s name is unique, one that piques the interest of many a traveler. This name is a derivation of the Spanish word ‘pinta’ which loosely translates to tattoos and ‘flores’ which means flowers. This festival, in essence, is all about a fusion of arts and nature, making for a very interesting theme.

I once competed in the festival but I wasn’t the dancer, I didn’t get chosen to be the dancer because I can’t dance but the judge picked me to be a props man. Props men are the one who carries the props at the back (look at the picture above). Props are always plants-kinda, flowers, trees, and symbols. We work and practice hard day and night but sadly our team only achieved the place 3rd. 



 


No comments:

Post a Comment